War of Kings is a 2 to 6 player medieval strategy board game that combines exciting combat with a well-balanced and engaging economic system. Build settlements, fortifications, and roads, while engaging other kingdoms in combat with your armies. Beautiful artwork and amazing miniatures make War of Kings a truly impressive game, complete with a money-back guarantee.
In essence, War of Kings distills the elements of a grand strategy conquest game into a compact and imminently playable experience without losing its epic flavor." - Jason, iSlayTheDragon
"...War of Kings proves to be remarkably straightforward, challenging, and entertaining." - The Cardboard Republic
Miniatures supplied unpainted.
- Simultaneous Play - All 6 players collect resources, trade, recruit armies, construct settlements, and fortify their kingdom simultaneously. This reduces the wait between turns, keeps the game fresh, and creates an exciting gaming atmosphere.
- The Maladorian Marauders - A card-based mechanic lets the players take control of a non-player horde and wreak havoc on their neighbors. From Jason, at iSlayTheDragon: "Simply put, this mechanic alone is worth the investment into this game."
- Minimal Set-Up Time - The game can be set up in just minutes. There are no boards to randomize or decisions to anguish over before play can begin. Nevertheless, the advanced game play creates a unique experience every time.
- Active Combat - The combat system in War of Kings engages both the attacking and defending player. The custom combat dice are intuitive, and everyone at the table will be cheering on the combatants.
- Balance - War of Kings strikes a balance between military conquest and the management of your kingdom's economy. Both will be necessary to conquer the land of Arowyth.
- Awesome Miniatures - War of Kings features three levels of settlements that can be defended by placing one of three levels of fortifications around it.
All game pieces are supplied unpainted. The settlements are solid colors corresponding to each player's kingdom (blue, red, black, white, yellow, and purple). The fortifications are solid grey.